Chief Engineer FM/TV position at WMHT in Albany NY
Organization Type: Television Station - Commercial: Co-located FM-TV Non-commercial
Company: WMHT Educational Telecommunications
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Job Description: A large public FM/TV operation in upstate New York seeks an experienced, motivated, and goal oriented Chief Engineer to manage all technical and operational aspects of the its Studio and Transmitter Facilities. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer. They are looking for that energetic someone who is strong with TV production and transmission systems, who is knowledgeable from lens to antenna and helping the GM understand strategic implications of changing technologies. The position offers excellent compensation.
If you’re interested, or know someone who may be interested, please contact Rich Rarey directly.
Position Level: Senior level
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Salary Range: $95,000 to $105,000
Application Deadline: open
Notes: There are more benefits than can be listed here. Please contact me by phone or email for more info.
Cumulus Media has an immediate full-time opening in Washington, DC for a Staff Engineer. The Staff Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting and maintaining mission critical audio and information technology equipment in a broadcast environment. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and have the ability to learn new duties and skills quickly.
Key responsibilities will include setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting audio equipment; supporting the IT and telephone infrastructure; responding to IT-related problems and questions from employees; and other technical duties such as broadcast remotes. The ability to respond overnights and on weekends to emergencies is a requirement of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Three or more years of experience supporting Windows 7 and Mac OS X operating systems, Microsoft Office, and common computer applications, including internet browsers and document readers.
• Ability to both learn and support mission-critical, industry-specific computer programs.
• Experience with both Android and iOS smart phones and tablets.
• Ability to maintain and repair computer and server equipment, including setting up computers and peripherals, and replacing basic internal components such as memory and hard drives.
• Experience using and troubleshooting professional audio systems, including analog and digital audio equipment.
• Familiarity with digital audio editing software and associated hardware, including professional sound cards and digital audio workstation (DAW) software.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with coworkers on a daily basis.
• Ability to lift at least thirty pounds and work occasionally in confined spaces.
• Must be able to respond to emergencies on-site 24/7.
Additional Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiarity with TDM-based and analog telephone systems, including POTS, ISDN, and DS-n.
• Experience with network equipment, including firewalls, routers, and managed network switches.
• Working understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP (hardware, software, protocols, and theory).
• Experience with Linux servers and vmWare ESXi virtualization.
• Familiarity with basic concepts of computer and network security.
• Experience with Active Directory, Windows security policies, and logon scripts.
• Ability to solder audio connectors and build audio cables.
• Ability to build and test Ethernet cables.
• SBE or Cisco certifications or equivalent experience desired.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Engineer” in the subject line, or mail to:
Human Resources – Engineering Position Cumulus Media, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WBFF-Fox45 Baltimore is seeking a Broadcast Engineer! This individual will be responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting including server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks and broadcast transmission equipment.
· Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned.